Royal Ascot – Ladies Day 2015
Royal Ascot is a unique event in the summer social calendar, steeped in tradition, heritage and pageantry dating back to 1711. The jewel in Ascot’s crown, Royal Ascot attracts over 300,000 racegoers each year, to view the splendour and colour of five days of the finest racing, fashion and glamour. The quality of the horse racing at the Royal Meeting is simply outstanding. It is an essential date for your diary.
This year as with previous years, Unity Fitness & Dance [UFD] have decided to give our clients the choice of purchasing tickets for both the Grandstand and Silver Ring admission areas. The dress code is the same for both areas. Ladies; a hats, headpiece or fascinators must be worn at all times. Strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops are not permitted. Trousers must be full length and worn with a top that adheres to the guidelines. Jackets and pashminas may be worn but dresses and tops underneath must still comply with the dress code. Midriffs must be covered. Gentlemen; a smart suit with shirt and tie or top hats and tails; traditional dress is welcomed. Sports attire, jeans and shorts are strictly forbidden.
Do remember that UFD will be supplying our own scrumptious buffet lunch with lots of Champagne, Pimms and more than just a few extras – free of charge! However feel free to bring a bottle of your own favourite bubbly!!
Grandstand. The Grandstand Admission ticket provides excellent facilities and viewing areas at ground level and lawn level; here you can watch the Royal Procession and the racing action from the lawns in front of the Grandstand. The Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and track are both within a short walking distance, by crossing the Concourse in the main Grandstand. There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet – from the bookmakers in the betting ring to the totepool and betting shops in the main Grandstand; however, you do not have access to the upper levels of the Grandstand.
Other highlights of a Grandstand Admission ticket include:
• Over 1,000 free seats are available from which to view the racing.
• Big Screen TVs on the Plaza Lawn.
• Military Bands performing in the Parade Ring before the Royal Procession each day.
• Traditional sing-along around the Bandstand after racing on each day. Free song books provided.
• Food outlets selling a variety of value for money cuisine options.
Silver Ring at Ascot is a separate admission area that provides an excellent position to watch the Royal Procession and the racing action. It does not provide access to the Grandstand or the Parade Ring and track. Although less formal, the Silver Ring is a lively area with bars, live band and DJ music.
Other highlights of a Silver Ring ticket include:
• Over 2,000 free seats available from which to view the racing.
• Big Screen TVs.
• Live music entertainment each day.
• Lawned area with many bars and food outlets.
In London your day begins with a Bucks Fizz reception at the Blake Hall Sports Club, Blake Hall Road, Wanstead, London E11 2QW, where you'll rendezvous with our executive coaches which are fully equipped with DVD screen, WC, air conditioning, PA system, etc.
There is ample free parking within the grounds but please park your vehicle away from the main entrance to allow easy access for those entering or leaving.
The coaches leave Blake Hall at 8:00am sharp therefore please allow extra time for traffic delays; you are advised to plan your journey so as to arrive at the Blake Hall Sports Club no later than 7:15am , as everyone needs to be registered and seated in good time before leaving. The Bucks Fizz and breakfast will be served between 06:30am – 07:30am ; prior to boarding the coaches, so please do not miss out by arriving late. You are advised to arrive from 06:30am .
Tickets and security wristbands will be issued at Blake Hall.
If you are unfortunate enough to miss the coach, then please make your own way to Ascot racecourse where you can join the group. Call Bob on 07886 884573; you will be given details of where to meet us.
Once all are onboard we shall leisurely cruise through the morning rush hour in style whilst listening to some good grooves and enjoying the UFD non-competitive (yeah, right!) quiz and word search – prizes will be given to the winners!
Our catering crew shall serve you a light breakfast inside the Blake Hall Sports Club prior to boarding the coach, which will comprise; hot and cold refreshments, bucks fizz, scrumptious Caribbean canapés stuffed with ackee & salt fish, pastries and exotic fruit salad.
The expected time of arrival at Ascot racecourse is approximately 11am.
Once at the racecourse you will not have far to walk to the admission areas, as the coaches will be parked in one of the favoured car parks nearest to the main entrance.
Juliette, our talented master chef, has created a mouth-watering menu of,
Caribbean style picnic lunch, served hot with baked whole salmon, vegetarian curry, salads and seasonal fruits. The picnic will be held on the green by our coaches. You'll be kept entertained by our DJ playing all your favourite tunes.
Complementary Champagne , rum punch, wine, beer and soft drinks will accompany your lunch. Feel free to bring some bubbly of your own !
Afternoon tea is served from 4:30pm. There will be a selection of cakes and pastries.
Coaches depart from Ascot at around 7pm and are expected to arrive back at the Blake Hall Sports Club at approximately, remember you have free car parking.
Hints & tips
- Royal Procession takes place at 2pm
- Racing begins at 2:30pm
- Last Race 5:35pm
Upon arrival at the racecourse at approximately 11:00am, the UFD team will quickly setup our picnic area on the green by our coaches; we hope to start serving lunch from 11:45am and finish by 1:15pm, giving you enough time to be in place for the Royal Procession, however, refreshments will be served during this time.
If you would like to watch the Royal Procession, you'll need to find a viewing position by 1.40pm in order to be able to view the procession at approximately 2pm.
Once inside your admission area, you will find plenty of bars and food outlets to choose from - not that you'll want to eat anything else! Feel free to move around and explore for the best position to view the action.
Things to bring & some tips
- A pair of binoculars
- Ladies bring some [additional] comfortable shoes
- An umbrella and/or raincoat or poncho
- A light blanket for the picnic lunch to be placed on the ground
- A small fold up chair if you prefer to be seated i.e. ‘chair in a bag’. Please label your chair and bag to make them easily identifiable.
- Your watch!
- Personal effects can be left on the coach but please don’t bring the crown jewels!
- Extra funds for your bets – please do bet sensibly, do not bet more than you can afford to lose.
- Collect your winnings as soon as possible to avoid long delays
- Meet at Blake Hall Sports Club from 06:45am
- Book your taxi and plan your journey well in advance
- Why not avoid rushing around by saying overnight in a local guesthouse/hotel? Call the UFD office on 07886 884573 for details
- Don’t forget your camera for those memorable snaps
- Purchase a racing or national newspaper for tips and form guide
- If you wish to find out more about horseracing and betting please visit: www.britishhorseracing.com